An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wise Words - Moral Philosophy

As birthdays pile up, and gray hairs sprout out of my head, i wonder about my legacy. i wonder about the stories my children will talk about around dinner tables when i'm no longer around. Or how friends and foes will describe me when i'm out of their view. Some days i just think about my legacy and what it will entail.

i found that somethings in life i have no control over but there are some things that i can control, and my memory is something i have control over. As my boyish looks become wrinkles, and one day my athletic body will one day become blubber and brittle bone. Mythical fairy tales will become of my playing days, pictures will become memories, but my ethics, or better yet my moral philosophy, will eventually be my lasting impression.

My lasting impression and memory of who i am, and who i was will be how i handled situations and people while under pressure. The "hard decisions" of deciding to do good or bad. The distinguishable acts that are either justifiable or unmerited. Will my moral philosophy or ethics result in creating peace or causing chaos? From these decisions my character and legacy will be born and sustained.

What will my ethical fiber create for my children, community, my name? Will i pass a curse to my children's children or will i pass blessings down for generations to come? The decisions that are made today, whether in the business world or personally, will effect someone and something, both now and later. Your memory, your legacy will be made by your choices.

"I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after." Ernest Hemingway

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2011 Wise Words/Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment