An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Wise Words - Dance in the Rain

There have been many days, when i had sat and pondered of the difficulties that are associated with being a Christian. The commandments seem simple enough. Love thy God with all my heart, mind and spirit. Then treat my neighbor as i would treat myself. Simple, right. Then why and how can this world continue to be so harsh and demisting. Especially when i want and try to do good.


i've seen friends who say they love the Lord, but put God second in their heart, and others that say they are devote, but reject their brother. i've seen many walk in their ignorance, and seemingly live a life of abundance.

But i had to stop....

i realized that i was putting to much focus of what i outwardly saw from others, instead of contently seeking God within myself. God's Grace isn't just for me but for all. i, nor you can get wrapped in jealously seeking gifts of others, because when we do we lose sight of what God has in store for us. i realized that my walk, is my own, and i have learned to be content, and encouraged in God's promise for me.

The rain falls on the just and unjust alike. It is our choice to either complain about getting wet, or rejoice in the fact that God is giving us a shower...

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2010 Wise Words/Tharp

3 comments:

  1. Monday, January 24, 2011, 11:21 AM

    Good word. I find myself doing that too wondering how people living so wrong seem to have everything go in their favor but those trying to do right sometimes just can't seem to get a break. I like what u said about God giving us a shower, we all need a good    Cleansing shower at some point! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the message behind the story...very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO true! I have decided instead of looking at the "difficulties" I look at them as life lessons and I learn from them. I know God has brought me to those life lessons so I may learn and grow in them and later on He may bring someone to cross my path who is going through that same situation knowing that I can help them through it with my experience. I feel that helping someone else going through what I have before and seeing them pull through it is like the rain... it's a shower of blessing from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete