An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wise Words - Living to Die (poem)

"Walking my days with minuscule hope i dreamed for the day i would die.Waiting for the moment for my next fixation of a drink, my concoctions became my savior...

i walked within a damage body, constricting my mind to fit in a box, i eagerly waiting and yearned for death.  With no hope, came no determination, with little hope came little expectations. Giving all and receiving none, i lost all hope, my faith derived from depression my strengths came from a drunken state of mind. My minimum hope created my minimum life, maximizing a yearning for death.

Darkness consumed me. It became my dream, it became my resting place. It scared me, it frightened me, but i deserved it . Within that darkness i was being pulled, i was stuck as my surroundings heated up. Nervous and sweating my hope became my dream, and my dreams became death.

The things that i hoped for came about,
as i made noises somewhat as a shout,
but in the darkness who is there to hear me?

For i dreamed of death, and death became my dream. Sleeping and dreaming with no hope... i saw a light sparkle. i saw a light that i could grasp too, then my slumbered stopped and a peace came. A spark of light ignited something within me. The spark became an abundance of hope, that was strong enough to pull me from my darkness of slumber. Now i die daily to myself. Now i die daily, not for a physical death but to live. i die too those things that once held me, restricted me...that was killing me.

Hope, faith, restoration and peace. From a sparkle of light i received and see all that i missed all that i rejected all that i wanted. From a minimum of light and more hope, no longer am i dead, no long when i rest in my slumber. For now my visions are more profound as i rest my eyes. i die to live and i will live far long after i die, for my joy has come, as it does in the morning."


God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg



Copyright2011 Wise Words/Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment