An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Wise Words - Condemned by Shame

Putting people to shame...

as a pointed finger acknowledges and the words "Shame on You" echo in my mind,

i feel it...

i try earnestly to find someone else to blame, but it is me. i did those things, i misused your trust, i did it... so i bow my head, hunch my back, and show shame.

The word says that there is no self-condemnation in those who believe, but why are all these believers scornfully looking at me? Why do i find refuge and acceptance in those who do wrong? Why in my heinous ways do i feel bad, but at the same time feel so good? What is this war that conflicts me...and why do you look at me that way?

You are the one that is supposed to help me through my troubling days.

In my shame i see shadows, and those shadows hide me from those eyes that reject me. Your shame on me, has created a shameful person...and now i walk when eyes can't see me. i run with shadows at daybreak, but i flourish at night. For at night there is no Sun to cast a shadow.


i have become condemned by shame...

Working with a lot of people, both young and old, i see and hear the word shame quite often. Whether it is by word of mouth, or the inability to raise your head, shame seems to over take us at times. Shame is powerful and It is as if we are trying to shame people into submission, but in actuality this shame turns into condemnation of self and of the condemner. As parents, role models, children of peace and encouragement, we have to be cognitive of how we address our children and peers. Instead of inflicting shame, inflict encouragement. Instead of inflicting condemnation, lift up your loved one with wise words that inspire life, not death. For our condemnation is causing others not to believe and or love.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God sis not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. WHO ever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son...Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil." John 3:16-19

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2011 Wise Words/Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment