An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wise Words - Now Rise (poem)

"Pain engulfs me like clouds smothering a mountain's top...It's about to rain.

If i could only find refuge, if i could only find something to take the clouds away. The winds are coming, the wet turns to cold ice. Were is the sun, were is the light that will turn these winds into to a cool breeze. Were is the light that will melt this ice that molds my body. Am i alone in this terrible weather? Is there anyone that would lead me out of this place...My breath is turning into smoke, as i see my thoughts evaporate into the dark, cold and wet surroundings. If i could only find refuge, if i could only find something to take the clouds away.


The dark becomes darker... my eyes are frozen shut, as i feel the ground touch my knees. i'm done, i can't move. On bended knee, suppressed by my surroundings, in desperation, i muster one last cry. "Jesus, have i failed you, for you to leave me? i collapse, "i give in. It is too cold, the winds are too strong, and the clouds won't leave..."


A voice whispers through the roaring winds, and says "I've been waiting for your call, you've been looking for shelter, but I've been calling your name to come home. You have been asking for your family, your friends, when I've been beside you pushing through this storm. Blinded by the cold dark, I've still lead you not with just light but Love. I've never left you, but have been eagerly waiting for you. And I'm still here. Now RISE!"

As winter comes so does the cold. Many people are lacking. They are missing their loved ones, and the coldness that fills the winter air, is not replaced with the love they once knew. Jobs are gone, sickness is all around, the heartaches of life is bearing down, and it seems as if light will never shine through, but this message is for You. You are not alone, this season is just a short duration of time, and the more you put your trust in God and not others, peace will come, confidence will come, joy will come. Call on Him, and if He doesn't answer the way you want. Call again, then call again. Don't Stop, and Rise!


"Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both no and forevermore." (Psalm 125:1-2)

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2009 Wise Words/Tharp

2 comments:

  1. Hi Virgil,
    I just read your post that you wrote. It brought tears to my eyes as I read each word. And you are right, we as people who believe in God often forget that He has left us. It is we who has left Him. I thank God for mercy and the ability to forgive are past sins. Thank God for the words He has given you and keep writing. I will read to be reminded how great our God is to us.
    Tricy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just re-read what I wrote and I meant to type (He hasn't left us) instead of (has left us).
    Tricy

    ReplyDelete