An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Wise Words - A Rigtheous Heart

"For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Romans 2:13
Reading these words, the first thing that came to my mind was, "Who really needs to go to church! All i need is to praise God on my own, and have church in my heart."  But, then my spirit spoke.  Christ, who was filled with God's Word, the Holy Spirit, and wisdom made it a habit to visit the synagogues.  As a boy, when thought lost, He was found in His Father's House.  For our hearts to be fully filled with righteousness we have to get in the habit of being filled in God's Word, but more than that, obeying the words that we hear.  
It doesn't take much for us to become engulf in our own philosophies of righteous living.  From our philosophies we live, we walk, we justify our livelihood.  But what can be declared as righteousness?  In my opinion, i don't have to go to church to be righteous, but i need to go to church to be filled with righteous teachings.  For my church doesn't make me righteous, but my church instills in me the law of the Lord so my acts will declare in me a righteous heart.   
Make it a habit to attend synagogues, not for outward appearances, but to be filled with righteous teachings.
God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg
Copyright2010 Wise Words/Tharp
       

No comments:

Post a Comment