An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wise Words - A Man Cries but Twice (poem)

"i've grown to desensitize pain. Brushing off agony simply with a shrug of a shoulder. Taught to hide tears i build dams with my eyes, that withstand the test. Blocking the rain that flows from my heart. i learned a man only cries twice...i used up my tears years ago.



i've come to realize that pain is a gift. It is a way for your body to alert itself of danger or harm. Desensitizing myself by minimizing the pain and anguish my body feels... i numb my heart from the joy that comes from overcoming. I was told a man can only cry twice... i wasted my tears a long time ago.


i build my temple as a fortified fortress, to protect my heart. i read books to build and create a sound mind, i lift boulders to form muscles, but my heart oversees it all. i'm in pain, but i'm accustomed to brushing it off. i was told a man can only cry but twice...i lost my tears years ago.


My pain is a gift, but when will see it. My pain is my strength, but when will i use it. i wish i could cry, but instead i hurt. i was told a man can only cry but twice, but i will cry again."

Men and friends, just because we cry, doesn't mean we are weak. Just because we weep doesn't mean we are soft or lesser then a man. i never seen my father cry, but it is time to show my sons that it is alright. Lazarus was a beloved friend of Jesus. For He wept when He heard the news of Lazarus' death, and the crowds knew the love Jesus had for Lazarus from a tears. i will cry again...

Learn to not brush pain away, but to embrace it. For it is an alarm, that show are mortality. Pain allows us to know that we are still in need of something to make us strong. Let go and allow God fill that void of the pain that suppresses you. Let go and let God shed a tear...everyone has a heart, that means everyone has the ability to Love.

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2011 Wise Words/Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment