An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wise Words - Choose

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12


Even in my "holiest of states", i often find my mind struggling with what is of my spirit and what is of my flesh. When people aggravate me, should i whisper or yell? When a vivacious women walks past me, should i look and admire or focus on the beauty of my wife? When my friends are acting in old behaviors, do i conform to momentary pleasures, or should i remember i don't have to be that person anymore?

Everyday a battle is taking place in my mind and heart. i feel the daily stretching of my wants and needs, as if i was a toy between two infant kids. Being tugged and pulled in different directions. Unlike the toy, i have a choice, you have a choice, we have a choice to follow the direction of our heart or our mind. But it is our daily choice that directs us to tomorrows promise. Being honest, some days i fall, but i'm encouraged because most days i stand.

God's word is living and is actively moving in you, but it is your choice to heed to His instruction. Stand still and listen, seek out His righteous, for i have felt the edge of the sword that has penetrated my temple, and as painful as it sounds, i am joyful that the separation has taken place. In no way am i close to perfection, or where God wants me to be, but today i choose to be better then yesterday.

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2010 Wise Words/Tharp

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this one. It's soooooooo true! Everyday is a battle and the way you get through it is all yours. Free will is something else, the choice is easier said than done! Well written. Thanks for the encouragement brother!
    Love u!

    ReplyDelete