An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wise Words - Having an Affair

Having an affair with Jesus! That's how most of us have a relationship with our Lord and Savior. Instead of revering God as our love, help-mate, our spouse, or someone to be proud of...we have an affair with Him. We sneak with Jesus when we need Him. We make the late night call, "Jesus, Jesus I need your help, Oh thank you for that quick fix!?!". We threat God as a mistress. Instead of walking hand to hand down the street, professing our love for God. We hide, creep when we need Him, creep when it's convenient. We have affairs with Jesus.


When i married my wife i eagerly profess in front of family and friends, as well as her family and friends, that this women was my heart. Putting all other women to the side, i gave her a ring and received a ring to declaring ownership to each other. Now when i walk, people know i'm married by looking at my hand, but how do i signify that Christ is my love? Is it by wearing a cross around my neck? Just like a ring around my finger doesn't truly show how much i love my wife, a cross on my chest doesn't give claim to His honor. My heart and actions show that i'm married to my wife. Just as my heart, speech, and actions will show that Christ is my love.

We have to stop treating Christ as a mistress, a secondary fling. Take time to reunite with your first love, and through your heart, speech and actions, show Christ that He is more than a late night call.


God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2011 Wise Words/Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment