An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wise Words - Promises

"Then Jacob made a vow; Saying, 'If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father's hours, then the Lord will be my God and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth." Genesis 28:20


How many times have we made vows to God? "Lord if you just get me out of this situation, I promise I'll stop..." or "Oh, sovereign and merciful God that I love, please get me through this, and I promise I'll never do it again!" or "Lord, please give me this promotion, so I can pay bills, and I promise I'll give back to you!" Please Lord do this, please Lord do that, and i promise....

God Loves that we ask of Him for help, because God not just created a world and everyone in it but also yearns to sustain you in it. But are we holding up to are end? We make promise and vows that we don't to follow through on. God knowing our heart, still doesn't treat us the way we deserve, but with mercy and love, continually blessing us. We have to become people of valid words. If we say we're going to do it, then do it. If we say we're Christians then be Christians, not just some of the time but in every action.

Jacob just wanted and asked for the basic needs of living and made a vow to God. Jacob held true to his vow, and God answered his prayer and gave him much more, making him wealthy and father of many children. Today Pray to God for your needs, and wants. Pray for God's vision of yourself to overtake you, then make steps in honoring Him, not just by words but through everything you do

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg
Copyright2011 Wise Words/Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment