An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wise Words - Looking to the Son

"For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise Him up at the last day." John 6:40


Looking to the Son and believing, is easier sad then done. So many times i've tried to put my own spin on life and towards my desires. Seeking fame, honor and respect i put my heart and soul in trying to become the best. In my journey i did well on my own, but i could only rise so far. Not wanting help from anyone or anything, i quickly found myself stumbling, falling and unable to stand. That is the problem when we try and do everything on our own. When we fail and fall, there is no one to help pick you up. Spending years on the ground, instead of receiving a helping hand, in bitterness i began rejecting everything.

Finding myself bitter and alone, i finally realized that i needed help. With no hands available, i looked towards the Son, and i received more than just a hand. i received peace, strength and confidence. Then something changed in me...

My desires for fame, honor and respect minimized, and God's will for me became my priority. Ironically, those things that i once desired, i now receive...well i don't know about the fame part. But the more i look for the Son, and seek his righteousness, the more respect and honor i receive.

"The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." 1 John 2:17

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2011 Wise Words/Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment