An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Wise Words - Desperation (peom)

Baptized in a shallow stream, i waited, but never saw my dove descend. Wondering when my new life would begin, i find myself in the same dilemma.

Following my woven path to the alter, my knees are still bruised from weeks of my abrupt curtsy. Flooding my pastor's shoes with tears, wanting to touch his garment....asking for more wine and consuming all the bread, i hoped the blood and the body would my laughter back. But all i felt are stares...

Feeling glimpses of misunderstanding, hearing whispers of inquiry, shame rushes over me. Doubt of grace, doubt of peace, doubt of God, enters my mind. Where is my dove, where is my healing, where is my peace, where is my God? Eyes filled with tears, my vision remained blurred. Silenced by uncontrollable breathing, i gasped for air. The thoughts in my mind muted the calling by my Father, so...i laid blind, breathless and deaf.

In moments of despair, we panic and irrationally act and think in ways that contradict our teachings and common sense. We allow our burdens to overwhelm us, but sometimes God will allow us to be blind, because we're not looking for the right answer. Sometimes God will leave us mute, because the overflowing of our heart is releasing hurtful remarks. Sometimes God will leave us in our desperation, because we are too focused on our pains then reliant upon Our Healer. Stop blinding ourselves with tears, and turn and see that our God is here!!!

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2010 Wise Words/Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment