An Encouraging Word

Wise Words are a daily messages, used to encourage and start individals days off with God's words. Starting in 2008, as a way to encourage a co-workers, i started writing emails of God's Love, Grace and Mercy. Now just two years later, i have a emailing list that is reaching hundreds of people. i hope these words serve as a means to encourage and profess God's Work in your life. Thank you, for blessing me and i hope you will be blessed as well.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wise Words - Resting in My Father

i've never known or experienced true agape love until my sons were born. i honor my parents, will die for my sisters, tear up the world if anyone tried to harm my wife, but there is nothing that can compare to the eyes of my sons.


The way they look at me, hug me and pull my hair (lol). It's the way they call out my name, that places an instant pep in my step, or the way they smile at me that encourages me to become a better man. For the past couple of nights my oldest son, has been waking up in the middle of the night. Looking and wanting rest, in the midnight hour my son has been seeking refuge in his parents for comfort and for peaceful rest. Once in his parents arms he's able to receive the peace and comfort needed for him to achieve slumber. Even though his inability to sleep has caused me not to be able to sleep, i feel honored, strong and worthwhile. i feel needed and loved. As my son found rest in me, i found joy and clarity. If i felt this way with my son, how much more does our Heavenly Father find joy when we decide to rest in Him?

Once an ignorant young man, i thought i couldn't pray for myself nor ask God to Help me because it was selfish. Placing others prays and petitions before mine, i minimized my importance and self-worth, creating a void between God and myself. Because of that void i replaced God's refuge with alcohol, women, sports, and momentarily pleasures that fed my flesh. But one day...

The day came when no women could console me, when no drink could sustain me, my athleticism left me and my moments of pleasure transformed into days of agony. Unable to rest, i finally brought joy to my Heavenly Father, by seeking His Love and Care, and i found His Peace, Refuge and Rest.

As a father i yearn for my son to confine in me, so i could only imagine how much joy i brought my Heavenly Father as i continue to seek His Love.

God is Love and He Loves you and so do i
virg

Copyright2011 Wise Words/Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment